You can add or remove a corporate owner or officer online through the MQA Online Services Portal, or by submitting a Massage Establishment Change of Corporate Officer/Designated Establishment Manager/Interested Party (DH-MQA 5040) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
Florida Department of Health
Board of Massage Therapy
4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin C-06
Tallahassee, FL 32399
Some changes to establishment owner information may indicate that a change of ownership has occurred; a new license is required pursuant to 480.043(9)(a), Florida Statutes:
A license issued to an individual, a partnership, a limited liability company, or another entity may not be transferred from the licensee to another individual, corporation, limited liability company, or another entity.
Some examples of change of ownership which will require a new license include:
- A license originally issued to an individual (sole proprietor), where the individual has changed.
- A license originally issued to an individual (sole proprietor) which now operates under a Limited Liability Company or Corporation.
- A license originally issued to a partnership where the partners have changed.
- A license issued to a Limited Liability Company whose members have changed.
- A license issued to a Corporation which has dissolved and reincorporated.
If a new license is required, additional information about submitting a new application can be found here.