Change of ownership refers to a change in the entity operating a massage establishment which requires the issuance of a new license pursuant to 480.043(9)(a), Florida Statutes.
The following are some examples of a change of ownership:
- A license originally issued to an individual (sole proprietor), where the individual has changed.
- A license originally issued to an individual (sole proprietor) who has since formed a Limited Liability Company or Corporation for the purposes of operating the massage establishment.
- A license originally issued to a partnership where the partners have changed.
- A license issued to a Limited Liability Company whose members have changed.
- A license issued to a Corporation which has dissolved and reincorporated.