A Notice of Intent is a legal document which summarizes the board’s review of an application, petition, or other matter.
Notices of Intent are filed and mailed following the board’s decision and a brief period to draft the notice.
Notices of Intent contain the following information:
- The date and venue of the meeting where the board reviewed the item.
- The facts considered by the board which lead to their decision on the item.
- The laws and rules applicable to the facts which lead to their decision on the item.
- The decision, which usually begins “THEREFORE it is ordered that…”
- Any steps you must take to comply with the decision made if the board required something of you, as well as the timeframe in which you will need to complete those steps, and
- How to appeal the decision.